Translate

Saturday, August 30, 2008

an apple bookmark - august challenge

I am so happy to have finished this bookmark in time to have it submitted as part of the August Challenge for the CCCOE (California Crafter's Club of Etsy) Team. I recently joined this team and this is the first challenge I am participating in. The theme for this month was back-to-school. I immediately knew that I was going to have to make a bookmark! I drew up a couple sketch ideas and decided to stick with the good old apple. I love it framed against the black background!

I spent quite a bit of time hand embroidering this bookmark. The apple, leaf, and stem have all been hand cut and embroidered onto the bookmark. "Read" was also hand embroidered. I stabilized the pieces and sewed together the back and front of the bookmark. It's sure to cheerfully keep your place marked if you HAVE to put that book down for a little while! :)

This bookmark is number 4 in my felt bookmark series. I just listed it on etsy as, "Don't Forget to Read - Apple Felt Bookmark." I really enjoy making these bookmarks. They are little pieces of functional art!

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails