Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

A whimsical garden...

I have slowly been working my way through the wonderful book by Beckah Krahula, One Zentangle A Day: A 6-Week Course in Creative Drawing for Relaxation, Inspiration, and Fun (One A Day). It is my official introduction to this art form. I was shopping on Amazon for some micron pens one day when I saw the term "Zentangle" on one of the packages... It prompted me to click some of the book examples... WOW! It intrigued me immediately and the title of the book was exactly what I needed at that moment. I never looked back! Now, I have to admit, I have added quite a few books to my little collection since then. All wonderful! I am definitely taking much longer than one day to do each assignment... I am taking my time and enjoying every single moment!

The past few days (okay, maybe a week!) I've been working on Day 6 which focuses on creating tangleations of tangles you have learned thus far in the book. I LOVED this assignment! So fun!

My sketchbook practice page

The next part of the lesson was to create an ATC tile using some of the tangleations you had created. (This is also the first tile I've done where I incorporated color.) I couldn't help but see elements to a garden in a few of the tangles... a very whimsical garden! So here is my Tangleation Garden...

Tangleation Garden

I think it would be a wonderful, whimsical place to visit. I hope you enjoy visiting it too...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails