Translate

Friday, November 30, 2007

Happy Birthday...

I've been thinking a lot about my grandma today... It's her birthday today. I miss her. It's been a number of years since she passed away... but when I think of her my memories are as strong as if I last saw her yesterday.

The smell of her freshly popped popcorn, the way she'd rub her hands together, how she looked in her beautiful red coat with her squash blossom turquoise necklace, her patience and kindness to all, the way she looked at and enjoyed nature, the way she played piano and tried to teach her grandchildren, how she would tend her garden (no pesticides... just cut off those pesky grasshoppers heads with scissors specifically for this purpose!), the light in her eyes that showed her wonderful sense of humor, generosity that knew no limits, appreciation for all creatures great and small (except maybe those grasshoppers and snails).... I guess you could say I just miss everything about her... especially her patience, love, and understanding for me no matter what I did... even when I didn't deserve it.



Happy Birthday Grandma... I miss and love you very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails