Translate

Thursday, July 24, 2008

a l-a-z-y afternoon & bookmark delight

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO READ!! However… I have a hard time putting a book down in the middle of the story, soooo I have to limit my reading. (or nothing else would EVER be accomplished… besides the important fact of not leaving characters in limbo!) Is there anyone else like this? I know my sister, Bethany, is like this too (admit it, Beeper!)!

Well… a couple of Sundays ago after a nice morning of volleyball, my husband had a great suggestion of spending an afternoon out in the Jacuzzi/pool AND maybe I should bring out a book (see how this is all HIS fault… or just his way of guaranteeing that I’d be outside the rest of the day!). It sounded like such a relaxing way to spend a Sunday… so I went to my book stash (books that NEED to be read!) and selected one in a series of three that my mom gave me (I guess we can say this is also her fault!).

The book I selected to read was, “Full House” by Janet Evanovich. (I did get teased and harassed by my husband and daughter throughout the afternoon about the title… My husband kept asking if Uncle Joey was dressing up as Elvis yet, and lots of other things that are just best not repeated… AND it is NOT about the TV series!!!)

If you’re looking for a book that is “light” reading that keeps you turning page after page with crazy characters, “a little” steamy sex, suspense, and funny dialog… well, then, this is the book for you! I couldn’t put it down until I was finished. It was a l-o-v-e-l-y way to spend an afternoon! I can hardly wait for the next lazy afternoon to present itself… that’s when I’ll read the second book in the series! :)
OK… to celebrate my first EtsyBlogger carnival post, anyone who leaves a comment on this post will be entered in a drawing to win this bookmark (appropriate, don’t cha think!). This bookmark is marked #3 in my bookmark series. It’s a new item I wanted to make for my shop. (I’d love to hear what y’all think!) I have made a couple of other similar bookmarks as custom orders and I’m excited about adding more. All elements have been hand cut and embroidered. (I did use a sewing machine to accent the leaves and flower center as well as to sew the bookmark together.) No two bookmarks will ever be exactly alike, as I hand cut and sew all pieces, PLUS I’m not a robot! :)

Drawing will take place on Monday, August 4th. (Comments counted until Noon, PST on 8/04/08. U.S. residents only, please.) Better leave a comment… and tell me, do you get caught up in books too?! Does everything stand still while you “rescue” the characters?! (…and most importantly… what do you think of the bookmark!?!) Happy Reading!

UPDATED:
August 4th @ 12:42 pm.
Here's the winner of the bookmark! I can't even believe it! I had my daughter choose the name out of the container... she mixed it for what felt like h-o-u-r-s... and whose name does she pull out but her Aunt Heather's! (I'll be mad Heather, if I find out that money has exchanged hands!!!) :) I am VERY happy for Heather though, as she could use some good luck right now! Congratulations!

Thank you to ALL who commented... and please check back! I plan on having a MONTHLY drawing! I'm planning for August's drawing now! :)

26 comments:

  1. You're married????? Well, that stinks!!!!! Here I was stalking you all this time. Now I have to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think you're so funny! :) You can continue to stalk me though... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great 1st Blog Carnival entry.

    I LOVE to read, have not had much time in the past year or more. As a child, I would wake up at 3-4 a.m. and lay in bed reading until eveyone else was up. Read a lot to both of the kids when they were young, but it did not catch on for them. Ugh...

    I hope to win the book mark for my birthday, as it is on the same date as the blog carnival closes and your contest ends! :D

    Wonderful idea BTW!!!

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post. I love Janet's books too. Unfortunately with the kids I don't have much time to ready anymore...So I try to listen to books on tape.

    Cute bookmark and good idea about the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Yes, I have BRD (Book Reading Disorder). This is when you can not put down a book because you are worried about characters just sitting there in limbo, unable to do anything but wait for me to come and save them. Unfortunately for my children, they are neglected and forced to play by themselves. I know, how horrible. Izabel does come and sit in my lap and tries to steal my books, but I don't let that happen.
    That is a super cute book mark. I hope that I win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lily:

    Oh my goodness... that would be a nice little extra for your birthday! Early Happy Birthday by the way! I'll write your name especially big! :)

    I appreciate the kind comments! Thanks so much!

    ***********************************

    mama z:

    I don't know how you get all the stuff you DO get done, done! Since my youngest is now 11, I really don't have as many excuses as I used to have (although you will still hear me try and use them on occasion!).

    I'm glad to find another Janet fan! Yeah!

    I'm glad you like the bookmark/contest idea. Hooray! :)

    ***********************************

    hanson's:

    It's good to hear you admit your problem... I'm sorry I had to call you out on it like that... but you know, I'm just tryin' to help! :)

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll see you next week! (You know the kids really want to see their aunt... they're going to start crying if you don't let them!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harmony just dropped off a book for me to read. I think she is an enabler. I'll have it done by tomorrow. BTW - I think the tent is a Transformer in disguise. It keeps morphing into different shapes. Don't get finger cramps from keeping the fingers crossed. I fed the Drama LLama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing you fed The Drama Llama because I was just about to send him over to your house... I can't believe you're blaming this whole BRD illness on Harmony! Shame! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. holly - cute idea, using the bookmark to illustrate your story. When I write my book reviews, I never have enough pics to go with it. I'm going to copy your idea, if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks storybeader! I'm glad you liked the idea... use it all you want! :)

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...I believe I have #1 in the bookmark series. I love to read also but have not read a book in quite a while because like you I can't put it down once I start. I am afraid my girls are the same way. Poor Kylee has had reading withdrawls...she has spent her time studying for her drivers test and did not want to lose her concentration so has not read for a couple of days. Poor girl.

    I hope I win #3 in the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. In fact, you DO have the #1 in the series!!! :) I hope Kylee takes her test soon so she can free her brain for "fun" reading again!

    See you TOMORROW!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey Holly,


    This a.m. after we woke up from returning from New York... Zhanna told me that she dreamt about you and cam and followed that up with how much she missed you all.

    So, we miss you all. Have fun in utah.


    -N

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I'm Donna and I've been a book addict for years. I was especially dangerous back when I worked as a clerk in bookstores! These days I haven't quite mastered the art of holding a book while hand-stitching my teddy bears....

    ReplyDelete
  15. nathan:

    Oooohhh.... please give Zhanna a BIG hug from me... I miss her (and you) soooo much!

    Cami and I are going to have a GREAT time! :)

    ***********************************

    donna:

    So nice to meet you! It's always nice to run into other book addicts! I can't imagine working in a bookstore... I'd be hiding in some little corner... :)

    I really enjoyed checking out your shop and blog! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to purchase bookmark 7 and 13. :o) You're too dang talented.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! OK... I have you marked down for those! :)

    Thanks for keeping me in business!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love, love, love the bookmark - you must make more, they'll sell like crazy I'm sure!
    I do get lost in books too, if I'm reading a really good book I hate it to end. At the moment I'm reading 'Wicked' by Gregory Maguire - sooo good!
    Keep creating! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much miesmama!!! I really appreciate the kind comments! I loved the book 'Wicked' as well! I also REALLY enjoyed seeing the musical... :)

    I had fun checking out your blog and shop too! :) They're GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Janet's books are a great way to relax :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have two reading addictions, books and blogs. One of them would be better with the addition of your bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I must not be that big of a reader because I did not go out at midnight to get the new "Breaking Dawn" book. I know that you did. I guess that I will just have to wait until you are finished with your copy. Love You. I've missed the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh... Beep... I'm sorry I didn't give you anything to read over the past week. I actually feel a little bad right now!

    I DO have the 'Breaking Dawn' book! I didn't wait until midnight BUT I did have a copy reserved... don't be so jealous... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. DRAWING UPDATE:
    August 4th @ 12:42 pm.

    Here's the winner of the bookmark! I can't even believe it! I had my daughter choose the name out of the container... she mixed it for what felt like h-o-u-r-s... and whose name does she pull out but her Aunt Heather's! (I'll be mad Heather, if I find out that money has exchanged hands!!!) :) I am VERY happy for Heather though, as she could use some good luck right now! Congratulations!

    Thank you to ALL who commented... and please check back! I plan on having a MONTHLY drawing! I'm planning for August's drawing now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Inside job, i'm so suuuure! Nah, just kidding! Just jealous that I missed the opportunity to leave a comment in time (then maybe Cami could have picked the OTHER aunt! LOL!).

    Congrats to Heather - who also won my last blog giveaway (other readers are probably wondering how much money exactly is making it's way to the kids so her name will get picked. Hmmm....:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails