Translate

Sunday, July 6, 2008

r e c o v e r y

Ahhh.... What a BBQ!!! (I wish I had taken more photos...)



It may take me a few days to fully recover! We had more than 30 guests at our BBQ! It was a BLAST!!! I hope that our friends had as wonderful a time as we did! Although I am totally exhausted today I am already looking forward to planning another one in August. I feel so lucky to have such a great bunch of friends. They are all such nice, thoughtful, funny, interesting people. The party began around 4:00 and lasted until around 11:30 or so. There was relaxing in the spa, "competitive" billiards, a little Rock Band (Tim... we needed you! Next time! You'd be impressed... Julie was rockin' out on those drums and guitar! Maybe next time we'll get her to sing!?!), AND lots of just hanging out enjoying each other. Nearly everyone we invited came... only a couple of invitees were out of town and unable to join us (Art! and Jared!). Hopefully they'll be able to make the next one! :)

I am sad to say that our dear friends Nathan and Zhanna weren't able to make our BBQ... they had some excuse about the commute was too long or there was traffic or something. (They recently moved to Connecticut, this is NOT an excuse!) We missed you! :)

I don't know how I made it to volleyball this morning... I was definitely even more tired when I got home! Cami, Norm, and I relaxed in the spa for a couple of hours and just enjoyed being lazy. It felt great. On the way back into the house I couldn't resist taking photos of my succulent that has been blooming so beautifully for the past few weeks. I LOVE the colors... sage and a peachy orange. I wasn't certain if I would be able to capture the delicate and unique nature of the bloom. I hope I have. I also took some photos of one of my hibiscus plants that had a blossom open today. The petals and stamen were perfect. I posted a couple of macro shots on flickr.

I am very excited! I was featured for the first time in a treasury today! Thanks so much Mizzdraconia! I feel very honored to have one of my listings noticed and categorized with such wonderful "chocolate" themed items. :)

What a terrific weekend it's been!

8 comments:

  1. That looked fun. We miss you all. We will be sure to visit, and I hope you do to (guestroom will be setup in a couple of days).

    Can't hardly wait for the recipe book from Norm.


    -N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... we missed you both! It's nice to know we have a place to stay if we ever make it that way! :) We know at least Norm will get "close" when he has his next Boston trip.

    I really enjoyed having the "tour" of your new house via skype! Such a nice home!!! I'm glad you guys have landed in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ribs look really tasty. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were SUPER delicious!!! The chicken was amazing too... I really was bad about taking photos! I think I'll have to hire Cami as party photographer next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a great party & fun was had by all. Wish we could have been there. I can almost taste the food. Nothing like food for the Atwater kitchen.

    By the way...who is this cami~marie and why am I not an invitee of her blog? Ü

    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you would have been there too!

    You'll be getting an invite very soon! I messed up when I responded... I forgot I was still signed up on Cami's! I've been getting her all set up! I'm going to have to add "blog design" to my list of projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for bringing me into your fun filled, busy, and relaxing holiday weekend. Your blog is a great place to sit back and enjoy.

    You are blessed to have so many family and friends. The pictures are great, and the one in sage and orangy is beatiful. You have a good eye with your camera.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lily!

    Thank you so much for spending a little time to enjoy my weekend too! :)

    I do feel very lucky AND blessed to have such wonderful family and friends...

    Thanks so much for the wonderful compliment too! I'm so glad you stopped by to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails