Translate

Sunday, May 11, 2008

mother's day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day! My family planned the perfect day for me. I played volleyball in the morning and then came home to a delicious bagel brunch. Cami and I hung out in the spa for awhile while Leila took a nap (Walter joined her... He is definitely a snuggler!). Norm fixed a yummilicious BBQ rib dinner. I've eaten enough to last the week! :)

Cami made me the cutest flower pen with a matching notebook. They are adorable! I can't wait to use them in my office! I absolutely love it when the girls make me things. It makes me happy to think of the thought and care they've put into their gift. They are both so creative and artistic, I'm always thrilled with what they come up with! Leila took some of the cactus bloom and desert landscape photos I've taken and transformed them (via photoshop) into AMAZING art prints! She framed them perfectly as well! They are beautiful... gallery ready! I can't wait to hang them... Words can't fully express how overwhelmed I was by this gift... It was like seeing my art and Leila's art come together... I'm very proud! Thank you Leila, Cami, and Norm for making me feel so special. I love my family!

My mom LOVED the tree of life afghan that was her present for Mother's Day. (Read about it here.) I was so excited about her opening it. I could barely fit it in the box to mail it (flat rate... to save money!) so I couldn't wrap it. So Heather had the brilliant idea of me mailing it to her so she could wrap it and take it to Mom. (Of course, she had to torture me that she never received it and didn't know what I was talking about!) Thanks Heather for making the presentation of my gift perfect! You're the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails