Translate

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

don't stop til you get it right

I completed, photographed, re-worked, re-photographed, listed, AND SOLD my newest Blossom Card today! I'm preparing the sentiment for the new owner and then it will be off in the mail in the morning. I have one more Blossom Card in this color combination that I'll list tomorrow.

I am so pleased with how the colors and patterns complimented each other. I originally had a different color blossom center but I realized when I looked at the photos I had taken that it was WAY too busy... So I went back to the drawing board and selected the light green. It worked out perfectly! I retook the "open" photos of the card and listed it! I found it very interesting that I didn't see the "busy-ness" of the patterns until I was viewing the photos. I think I was so excited by all the bright colors and patterns of the Amy Butler papers (I really love her bold designs and colors), I was forcing myself to try and use only those papers. I am very happy I took the time to rework the card. It's now a combination that I feel really works! :)

The day flew by... I have 57 cards to put together tomorrow (my oompah loompah's refused to work today, something about unfair wages...).

2 comments:

  1. I love this paper!!!! Wow - already sold one? That's great! I have the same paper - saw the last one at Michael's and grabbed it. I have some new little paper purses cut from similar cardstock. We should coordinate and sell these as sets :-)!! Thanks for my comments on my blog...do I leave answers there for you or am I supposed to email you separately (not sure if people know to go back to my blog to read response).

    I better shower! Good luck on getting those 57 cards done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gigi!

    That paper will make darling little purses! :) That would be fun to coordinate a project together!

    You're welcome, I'm glad you finally started your blog! I think as far as comments it depends on the situation. Sometimes I comment back in the blog OR I email back. If I left a comment I'll check back for a response if I don't get an email! :)

    I'm back to working on the cards! Everything is cut and I'm about half way done with all the gluing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails