Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2008

reading and bookmarks

I love to read... I must admit to a problem though... I have a very difficult time getting anything else done if I'm in the middle of a good book (it just wouldn't be nice to leave the characters in some sort of trouble!), I'll read instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

I am lucky to be able to read with Cami. I volunteer as a leader in her classes Literature Circles (like a book club). Every Friday my group of assigned kids discuss what we read the previous week and then begin the current week's assignment by reading a few pages aloud. I LOVE hearing the kids read and I feel so proud as I listen to Cami read with such expression. It's definitely one of the highlights of my week!

Well... as I was thinking of this week's assigned reading I realized I needed a bookmark. The poor lonely chocolate on my desk was just calling to be made into one. Poor little thing was just whimpering how it would love to spend it's days living vicariously through prose and fantasy. What could I do? I had to fulfill it's dream. :) The chocolate bookmark has now been added to my shop.

I hope to add a "pocket full of posies" tomorrow... That is if I'm able to finish this book..... (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails