Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

canvas

Canvas! Today I finally made the little painting I've been imagining for a few weeks. This is the first mixed media painting I've put in my shop! I am very excited about it and felt a thrill to finish it. The idea for this little Flower & Bee came to me a few weeks ago when I was busy making a variety of little felt flowers. This one in particular wanted to have it's own space... on canvas. Then it started whining about how it was going to need a bee to keep it company, especially as the decrease in bee population is becoming such big news lately... what could I do? I had to help a poor little felt flower out!

I love the sweet simplicity of this design AND how the felt flower, leaves and bee add such dimension to the painting. I'm imagining a little series of these. Wouldn't they be adorable in a child's room? It makes me happy to look at it. It's spring!

I am very grateful to all my etsy customers... I appreciate each and every purchase! When I see that "etsy transaction" email it makes me feel that wonder that someone enjoys my work and art. It is extremely satisfying to me and energizes me to want to create more. So I thank you.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Flower & Bee painting. You have such a talent. I am not suprised that it sold so quickly. Can't wait to see the next installment in the series.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit... AND especially for leaving me a message! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails